Data protection Privacy Notice
Data Protection – Privacy Notice
We recognise our responsibility to treat your personal information with care and to comply with all relevant legislation, in particular the Data Protection Act 2018 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) – the “legislation”. This notice covers our requirement to provide you with information on how and why we use your personal data and of your rights under the legislation.
We will use personal information about you mainly to provide you with services and inform you about our other products and services.
Some of the personal information we ask you to provide may be sensitive (special category) as defined in the legislation such as information about your medical history. We can collect such information for treatment purposes without your specific consent but it will only be used for the purposes set out above. If you give us information about another person, in doing so you confirm that they have given you permission to provide it to us and that we may use their personal data in the same way as your own as set out in this notice.
Legal Basis for processing your Personal Information
We are required to have a lawful basis (as defined) in order to process your personal data and the relevant bases which we use are shown in the table below.
We may contact you by email, text, telephone, mail or other agreed means to keep you up to date about our products and services. The legislation allows us to do this in our own commercial interests for certain communications with previous clients. In other circumstances we can only do so with your explicit consent. In all cases you can opt out from receiving such communications at any time.
Your data will not be retained for longer than is necessary and will be managed in accordance with my data retention policy. In most cases the period will be for a maximum of 5-7 years unless we are required to retain the data for a longer period due to business, legal or regulatory requirements.
You have the following rights in relation to our processing of your personal data:-
- The right to be informed about how we use your personal data (This Privacy Notice)
- The right to see a copy of the personal information we hold about you (this will be free of charge).
- The right to have personal information rectified if inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right of erasure of your personal information where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing.
- The right to restrict processing in certain circumstances, e.g. if its accuracy is being contested.
- The right to data portability which, subject to certain conditions, allows you to obtain and reuse your personal data across different services.
- The right to object to certain processing including for the purposes of direct marketing.
- Rights to information in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
If you have any queries and/or complaints about how I use your personal information, please contact me at the address below. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s office at any time. For further information on this Privacy Notice, to access your personal information or to exercise any of your other rights, please contact us at email address email@example.com and at telephone number 07903876299